Freestyle Libre is only available for purchase from Mediray New Zealand, please click below to place your order.
Why prick when you can scan?
The days of routine glucose testing with lancets, test strips and blood are over.
Welcome to flash glucose monitoring!
Why choose the FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System?
A small sensor automatically measures and continuously stores glucose readings day and night
Glucose readings with a painless 1 second scan even through clothing
Swim, shower or exercise — the FreeStyle Libre system is designed to be water-resistant and worn while bathing, showering, swimming and exercising
With every scan you get your current glucose reading, the last 8 hours of glucose data and an arrow showing the direction your glucose is heading.
The FreeStyle Libre Flash Glucose Monitoring System is a glucose monitoring device indicated for detecting trends and tracking patterns in persons aged 18 and older with insulin dependent diabetes mellitus. Health professionals and consumers should be aware about the limitations of available scientific evidence for use of this device in any other groups of patients who require diabetes management.
- Scanning the sensor to obtain glucose values does not require lancets
- A finger prick test using a blood glucose meter is required during times of rapidly changing glucose
levels when interstitial fluid glucose levels may not accurately reflect blood glucose levels,
or if hypoglycemia or impending hypoglycemia is reported or the symptoms do not match the system readings.
- For a complete glycemic picture, scan once every 8 hours. The FreeStyle Libre software, designed to be used in conjunction with FreeStyle Libre reader and sensor, provides a snapshot of glucose patterns and variability; for more information, see the Software page.
- The reader can capture data from the sensor when it is within 1cm to 4cm of the sensor, even through clothing.
- Sensor is water-resistant in up to 1 metre (3 feet) of water for a maximum of 30 minutes